Tuesday, September 30, 2014

August 4, 2014 - August Already!?!?

Jeeze!! Can you guys believe it is already August? This year has gone by soooo dang fast!!

The work here is really picking up! I wish I had 5 hours to tell you guys all about the wonderful people here that we are teaching!


This is cute Sister DiPietro! Today she taught us how to make Tortillas! So nice! I will never be a good Tortilla roller. The people in Cafe Rio Make it look so easy! I love this lady!! hahah She is the kindest person in the world! We Love her! The people here in Childress are some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life!

Listen to this awesome Miracle!! :) So earlier this week we were trying to find some more people to teach, and there is this black momma sittin out on the front porch so we go and start talkin to her. Her name is Alicia. She is the sweetest lady ever and works at The Dollar General. :) While we were talkin to her, not even kidding, she put like a whole jar of Shea Butter Stuff in her hair... hahah. But anyway, we set up an appointment. The next day, we were were over at a members house and we were getting their family pumped up about missionary work, and Sister Tipa told us that for some reason she has been thinking so strong about this lady named Alicia that needs to be taught, and we put it together that it is the same Lady! God answers prayers! It was seriously so amazing. We taught her the Restoration and she just Loved it. She agreed to being baptized the end of August! So keep her in your prayers!! :)


These are the darling Tipa Boys! hahaha they had to be the missionaries and teach us! It was so funny!
We have been working with some of the Members here in the cute little Childress Branch this week! This one lady, her name is Julia. She has 5 kids! She has been inactive for 20 years because she has been on all sorts of really hard drugs, like crack! She has also been Dipping! Well we have been working with her and she has got off all of her addictions and was able to go through the temple! It was so incredible to know that I am literally changing peoples lives! It is such a blessing! Her daughter is BBs age and we were talking to her and she just started crying and said "I dont think she would have ever changed if y'all wouldnt have come to Childress." It really was so incredible. It just goes to show that God calls you to exactly where you need to be!

The work here in Childress is taking off! This week we were able to pick up so many incredible investigators! I am so excited for what the next couple weeks have to offer! Transfers are this week. Most likely I will stay here in Childress and Sister Ethington will leave. Hahah because there is this guy who is in Love with her and send her all these Love texts. So I am probably going to stay here! I will let you guys know for sure this next week! But I hope that i stay here because we are working with some wonderful people!!

We went and had Interviews with our new Mission President! He is literally the nicest person in the whole world! Mom, I know that was something you were worried about that, but do not worry about it anymore. I absolutely love him! I swear he knew exactly what I was having a hard time with, without even having to tell him. He is the best!

I am 'Fixin to go' <--- All the Texans say that! :( I love you guys!!! Have a wonderful week! xoxoxo

-Sister Morgan Carroll


No comments:

Post a Comment