Tuesday, September 30, 2014

July 14, 2014 - Its Getting Hot Up In Here!!!

Sweet Death, Texas Is Hot!! and its only getting Hotter!
This week it hit over 100 degrees everyday! hahah Jeeze! Bike day was a Humid sticky day! hahah Gotta love me some Texas Weather.

Sorry We don't have much time this week!

We got our new Mission President! President and Sister Heap! They are awesome! Literally the nicest people ever! I swear he has the Bible and Book of Mormon Memorized! They came and sat at our table during lunch right as we were swapping some horror stories with some elders about our 4th of July lunch! hahah Sister Heap Nearly gagged at our little lunch experience! hahaha They are the nicest! I saw Reggie Walbeck at the Zone Conference and he is going home this transfer. So weird that it has already been two years for him and it is just starting for me! But I love it and am so happy to be here!

We had a bunch of set lessons punch this week! (They were a no show or weren't home) and also had a bunch of people drop us! But some weeks are better than others! Ya gotta take the good with the bad!

We were teaching this old couple named Dan and Dortha. hahaha they are this 80 year old couple. They both have these Recliner Lazy Boys that they never leave those chairs. hahaha but they are soo nice. But anyway, we were teaching them. It is like their 3rd lesson and after we taught them the Plan of Salvation, Dortha goes, "Well Honey, I have prayed about it all, I believe in The Book of Mormon, the Celestial Kingdom and the Spirit world." So we were like, wow that is Awesome! and She told us how happy she is reading and stuff. At the end of the lesson she goes,I have learned all that I need to so I don't want yall coming over anymore to teach us? hahah We were sooo confused.. We tried explaining that it is a continual thing and she has to keep learning to strengthen her faith but wouldn't let us come over anymore... Hahaha didn't make any sense.

This week we met this lady, hahaha and she started telling us what we believe. I think it is so funny for some reason when they tell me What I believe. hahaha She goes You guys believe in a different God than The whole world does. Its not the same Jesus Christ. She told us that we have "Magical Underwear" and when we asked if we could leave her with a prayer, hahah after the prayer she goes, "It would've been an okay prayer if yall would've said If it be thy will and the same God I pray to." hahaha people are sooo ignorant. But I love the people here in Texas. Everyday there is a funny story! I wish I had more time!


This week was this guy named James Whites Birthday! hahah He invited Sister Ethington and I over to his 78th Birthday Party! He is the nicest man in the whole world. Hhahah check out dem Dentures. I seriously Love the guy! It has been a wonderful week though! I have learned so much. There is no where else I would rather be! I am sorry I am out of time! I love you all so much! I miss you all!!

-Sister Carroll!

No comments:

Post a Comment