Tuesday, September 30, 2014

July 21, 2014 - Crazy Week

What a week!!! :)

Hahahah it started off a little crazzyy!! We were driving to Amarillo for our Zone Training. Cruzin down the 75 MPH Highway, just blasting some "Hymns go Acoustic" hahah. approximately 7 am.. hahahaha and all the sudden we hear this Thudding noise... Both of us slowly look at each other with eyeballs the size of Texas.. and I Go... "Sister that is a flat tire! That is a Flat Tire! Pull Over Pull Over!!" "Do you know how to change a Tire? Cause I Dont.. " hahahah we both just start laughing!! So we pull over and we  had blown out our tire! hahaha We start freaking out because neither of us little blondes know how to change a tire... hahahaha Childress is in the middle of freaking No where. It is 2 hours from Amarillo and the closest Missionaries are Clarendon which is 1 Hour From Amarillo and an Hour from Childress hahah So as we are calling The Clarendon Elders, all the sudden They pull up right behind us! hahah such a blessing. They saw two Blonde girls standing on the side of the road... hahah Heavenly Father Takes Care of his missionaries. hahah Elder Brown To the Rescue! hahah He changed that thing in approximately 5 Minutes! We Lived! 

After Zone Training we had to take our Car in get our tire fixed and it was a 2 Hour wait. SO accross the street was Cavenders! Hahaha holy Cow! I have never seen so many Boots! They were alll sooo cute! This picture doesn't even do it justice. This was probably 1/10th of the boots in that store! Welcome to Texas! hahaha (Dont Mind the Horrible Shirt tuck Job. I swear I haven't Gained 50 Pounds) We have been working real hard! We have 16 new Investigators that we are going to start teaching. One of them is a family with 14 kids! None of them are adopted! all are full blood! I guess Mormons arent the only ones with big families..  So we have been so busy! Which is such a blessing! The Lord really is Hastening his work. It is incredible to see how many people are looking for the truth! I feel so blessed to be here! So funny story, We were going over to teach this lady named Jannette who is bed Ridden. hahaha She was in bed and we went and knock on her door and she told us to come back later and that she wasnt feeling well. (We are literally yelling back and forth to her through the door) hahaha and she yells at us and asked us if we would say a prayer right there for her... hahaha SO I start laughing because we are literally yelling to her. as loud as we can. haha so Sister Ethington looks at me and tells me to say it because we are both just laughing. So I begin to say the prayer. Hahaha SO i pull myself together and say this prayer. I get through it and she goes "Didn't hear a word you said But thank you." hahaha It was hilarious. Maybe one of those You had to be there moments but gosh it was funny.


On Saturday it was Sister Ethingtons Birthday! I woke up at approx 3Am to secretly decorate our house with all of those streamers... hahah I decked that place out! So thank you so much mom for sending me all of that stuff. It worked out perfectly!


Yesterday we went to this Lady Carol Scotts house. She lives like 20 minutes outside of Town. Down this dirt road. She has like 10 Cows, Chickens, Horses, all this fun stuff. But as we were driving I realized how much I am starting To Love the Country and also my mission! It is seriously beautiful out here. As I am starting to gain a stronger Love and appreciation for my Heavenly Father, I am also
starting to gain a strong appreciation for all the things and people here too. I feel like I am truly beginning to see people how He sees everyone. I am so happy here. This decision has already changed my life!

I will forever be in debt to Him for all of the things that he has blessed me with! I didnt realize how lucky I was to grow up with Parents who are actually normal hahah and who have given me everything that I could possibly ever need. I am so fortunate!


But My Times up! I love you all sooo much!!
Thank you for all of your Love and support!
Until Next Week!
-Sister Carroll



No comments:

Post a Comment