Tuesday, September 30, 2014

June 23, 2014 - Oh The Things You Do in Texas!

What a week! Hahahah Gosh I did some pretty cool things this week!

So this weekend was the Branch's Girls Camp! They had it up at the ranch asked if we would come teach the girls a little bit about missionary work! I have always Loved Girls Camp so it was so fun to go and teach a little bit! We taught them what it is like to be a missionary and then we taught them the first lesson that we teach to investigators! After we taught them, Sister Ethington and I had them teach us, hahahah We pretend to have Texas accents.. (I will have one when I come home) But until then We have to fake it. hahah gosh it was so funny. We pretended like we were this old married couple and the girls had to teach us. IT was so fun. But we left and now all of the girls want to serve missions! So that was pretty fun!

So Jose.... :( We are so sad! So his Baptism was supposed to be on Sunday but His ex Wife moved back in and he said that he doesn't want to get baptized yet because his Ex Wife told him not to! :( So we have been trying to teach his wife more. Keep him in your prayers! He told us that he knows it is true! 

This week we went over to this family's home,  named the Salinas to teach them. Their 14 year old is pregnant and is due any day now. So we have been teaching all their kids. When we were over there, their son walks in holding some sort of animal. We all stared at it trying to figure out what it was, we then realized that he was holding a freaking Raccoon!! hahaha AS A PET! Can you believe that? Hahah who even knew that you could have a Raccoon as a pet! All I thought raccoon's did was try to get into our Chickens Pens! hahah Stupid things. But He let us hold it. It was awesome.

The past few weeks we have been praying that we would find someone who would come up to us and ask us if we could teach them. So as we were leaving the Salinas, this guy came up to us and said, are you guys the Missionaries from The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints? And Sister Ethington and I looked at each other with these little grins... hahaha and replied "yes we are!" and he says, Wow! I have been wanting to learn more about your church. Could you guys come teach me about your church? It was so awesome!! We are teaching him tonight! I am so excited! I know that God answers prayers and if we ask him, he will help us with anything!

This next week should be awesome! Charles and Flora Nail are getting Baptized! Charles has devoured the book of Mormon! WE have been teaching him for only like 3 weeks but he has already read the entire book of Mormon and prayed about it! He knows it is true and is so pumped to be Baptized! and Flora Nail has been coming to church for months but Sister Ethington and I were able to teach her more about the Gospel and she basically asked us to be Baptized! But she has had colon cancer 3 times and she is going to the hospital this week to get tests done to see if it is back! :( So keep both of them in your prayers! 

But I have to go! I sure love you guys a lot! I miss you and think about you guys every day! I am so happy to be here! Being out here on my mission I have come to realize that through the Book of Mormon and modern day prophets, we are able to know exactly what God has in store for us. We know Gods exact will of what we can do to be able to make it back to our Him!

We are so blessed!  Until Next week! I love you guys! Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment