Tuesday, September 30, 2014

June 30, 2014 - CHARLES GOT BAPTIZED

Sweet Sweet Family!

I hope that you all had so much fun in Boise! I am sure you guys had a blast! I am sad to hear about Grandpas Eye! Super random? But I am glad that he is doing better!!

CHARLES GOT BAPTIZEDD!! Wahooo!! It was so wonderful! Before his baptism he was like a little school boy! Bouncing in his seat. But trying to play it cool! hahah After He was baptized he said that he has never felt so good. Hahah During his confirmation I peeked up at him and he had such a smurk on his face! hahah after Church we were talking to him and I called him out on his little smurk and he said that he was just so happy that he couldn't even hold it in! hahaha He knows it is true. We have been teaching him for 3 weeks, he has already finished the book of Mormon and was just completely ecstatic! Seeing his happiness makes all of this worth it. Being out here has definitely been the hardest thing I have ever had to do but seeing that spirit that he carries now makes all of this hard work worth it. There is nowhere else I would rather be. 

Remember Jose?? Well he told us this week that even though he was a lot happier coming to church every week and praying and reading the Book of Mormon he is going to stop meeting with us and re-marry his ex-wife now? Hahaha he is so funny when he talks about her because all he does is complain about his ex wife, how much he hates her and how all she does is steal all of his money but is going to get married to her again... hahah does that make sense to you? because it doesn't make sense to me! hahah To each is their own I guess.

More bad news! Remember Martin and Donna? Well this week they told us to come over because the wanted to "Talk" hahah I felt like it was a High School break up... ;)  Walking into their house Sister Ethington and I just had our fingers crossed that they wanted to make it official and become a part of The Church. hahah we were palm sweat nervous. ;) We went over there and started to talk to them. Martin said that this is the first Church that he has ever gone to that was able to answer a lot of his questions. We were on the edge our our seats. He said he loves the Book of Mormon, it makes him so happy and everything we have taught. They said that they feel the spirit when they come to church and when they learn more. Great right?!? We were stoked! Marin then continued to tell us that the only problem is that this This church would hold him back from his full potential. We were so confused..? He told us that his dream is to become a preacher! He is now going to take the things that we taught him, from the Book of Mormon, and create his own church. So that was pretty devastating to hear also!

FLORA NAIL! Okay so this is a lady that we have been teaching! She had infected kidney stones. So we went to visit her in the hospital. As soon as we sat down and started talking to her, she handed us this little piece of paper and told us to read it, it said something along the lines of, "I have had God put some great people in my life to help me find the truth. I have prayed about these things which they have taught me and I now know where I should be. I know Joseph Smith is a true Prophet. I am so excited to become a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints."

It was the best little paper I have ever read! I feel so blessed that I am changing lives out here in Childress! This is the Gospel and the teachings that we need to follow to receive our greatest glory that we can obtain, and live with our father in heaven again! I know that if we strive every day to continually live the things that Jesus taught then we will be able to live with him again. Because Joseph Smith restored the Gospel on this earth again for us, we are able to know exactly what Gods Will is for us. I know these things are true because I have prayed about them for myself! I love you all so much!


P.s.

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY THIS WEEEK!!! Y'all <--- ;) better do some big fire works for me to see here in Childyyyy! I love you guys sooo much and will talk to you guys next week!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment