Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 8, 2014 - When you wear out a pair of shoes in Childress

(I have been trying to attach the picture of my shoes but The Internet is too bad here today.)
Everyone here says, "When you wear out a pair of Shoes in Childress, you always come back..." hahah and this week, I wore some holes into my shoes. So if the saying is true... then looks like in a couple years I will be movin back to Childress. ;) Totally joking. Thanks, but no thanks! hahahha I love Childress, but I would not like to move back here.... Hahah too many 14 year old Baby Mommas. Speaking of Baby Mommas, I may or may not have said that in a lesson a few days ago! hahaha. But its okay because our investigator got a crack out of it! Yikes....
So kinda funny story/Not funny for him. Hahah so Danny has a really bad heart. He is supposed to wear this vest that shocks his heart if it ever stops beating… He doesn’t ever wear it as much has he is supposed to. He actually hasn’t worn it for a few months! But anyway…  We were on our bikes on Thursday and he drove past us and then realized it was us so he pulled over and we biked up to his window and started talking to him. When we pulled up to him there was this beeping sound going on? We all thought one of his doors were open, hahah I started biking around his car trying to see if one of his doors were open… but nothing! His seatbelt was still on, so it wasn’t his seatbelt! We were all a little confused trying to figure out what it was… even to the point where he got out and opened up the hood of his car to see if something was wrong. We never figured it out. Later that night we went to teach him, and he said.. “I figured out what that beeping was. When I saw Yall I was really excited. And it was my heart beating irregularly.” Hahahah he told us that he almost had a heart attack! Scary, but kinda funny! Haha

This week IT POURED! We had sooo much rain here! And a lot of the streets here are dirt roads. So just imagine, dirt roads, 5 inches of rain, huge mud puddles everywhere. Hahah You would go down a street and there would be kids just playing in the mud pools! It was awesome! I was grateful that Thursday didn’t rain!

This week was great though! Danny is still goin strong! :) He hasn't drank in quite some time now! We just keep prayin that he keeps stayin strong! He said this is the hardest thing he has ever had to do and Satan is working on him really heard but he says there is nothing else that he wants more! :)


Hope all is going well! :) I was a little sad to see that I got e-mails from 1/6 of you! But I understand that you guys are busy! Just know That I love you all!

-Sister Carroll. xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment