Tuesday, September 30, 2014

August 11, 2014 - Transfer results are in... ;)

We got our Transfer calls Saturday night and Drum-roll Please...... ;)

I am staying here in Childress for at least 6 more weeks!! and could not be more happy about it! :) So my address is still the same. Sister Ethington is going to Midland so tomorrow night I will have a brand new companion! It is going to be so weird, but I am so excited! I guess my new companion is a convert of only like two years ago! I am stoked to meet her! But I will definitely miss Sister Ethington!

There are so many cool/funny/crazy things to talk to you guys about today!! hahaha

Crazy Story Number One!!

So there is this guy named Rickey. We met him a few weeks ago on the streets while he was working on his car. He is Tatted!! Has all sorts of gauges, facial hair, just kinda a rough lookin guy to be honest. But sooo nice none the less! So we meet him, he tells us to come back a different time to teach him. So this week we went back to teach him. He told us that he has been locked up for a few years and that is when he found Jesus Christ.. We continued to teach him the Gospel. So we go home and that night we are looking through the area book.(A binder full of Peoples records that previous missionaries have taught.) We find Ricky.. the same guy and on his description He was is Prison for 25+ years For Murder!! He has stabbed Multiple people! hahaha Pretty crazy! Us two little blondes teaching a Murderer... pretty sketchy. But Mom, don't worry God protects his missionaries. ;) hahaha

Another Crazy Story.... We have been teaching this man named Robert Smith. Such a nice guy! He his this happy Happy black guy.. like weirdly happy guy. hahah So we have taught him at the church a couple of times and this week we went to his house to teach him. We had a member with us going over to teach him. He comes to the door and this weird odor came out of their house. He goes, "Sorry It took so long I thought yall were the police." He had a few people over. Invited us in. We asked if we could come back and teach him a different time. We go back to the car and the member we were with she goes.. "Just so yall know that was the smell of crack" (and all sorts of drugs I don't even know the name of)... hahaha a Murderer and Drug Dealer all in one week.

Tender Mercy of the week: On Monday we went to the Grocery store. Livin the Mission life you've got a REAL tight Budget. You learn real quick your needs vs. Wants. :) So we were debating if we were going to buy Peanut Butter or not this week. hahah We get up to the Check out line and we tell our Cashier to wait on the Peanut Butter not only because we don't have enough Money this week but our waists didn't need it either. ;) Not really thinking anything of it. So a few days later, we go to teach this lady named Katra that we have been teaching for a few weeks. At the end of the Lesson she goes, "I have something for yall" She pulls out Two Jars of Peanut Butter and hands them to us and says "I have a spy that told me that you two didn't get your Peanut Butter you wanted the other day" You know me... Little Cry Baby at the first sign of anyone doing something nice for me hahaha So all three of us were getting all choked up. It was so thoughtful of her! I could feel Gods love for me. Heavenly Father knows all of us. He loves all of us and he shows us his love sometimes through other people. It was such a Tender Mercy.

The work here in Childress is heatin up! We have some awesome Investigators! I can not wait for the next couple weeks to see how they all play out. I am so glad that I am staying here In childress again!

Quick Rundown on our Investigators!

Robbie: This guy who is wanting to get Baptized that we have been teaching forever but he has to get Married first. So there could possibly be a wedding here in Childress in the near future! Boo Yahhh!!

Rob: This way awesome guy who has "The" and "End" Tattooed on his Eyelids. He loved the Book of Mormon! More to come when we teach him again.

Vickie and Children: LOVES THE PLAN OF SALVATION. Said that she has been looking for the truth for years and said ever since we have been teaching her she feels like a completely different person.

Alicia and Daughter: Said she has received and answer that it is true she is just waiting for one more confirmation.

Well my time is up! :) You know that goes! I love you all so much! I miss you guys but there is nowhere else I would rather be!

-Sister Morgan Carroll. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment