Tuesday, September 30, 2014

August 18, 2014 - Summer is Windin Down here in Childress!

First of all... Shout out to my beautiful Big Sister From Graduating from Dental Hygiene School! (You got all the brains that I was supposed to get) ;) I am so proud of you! Not only are you going to make the best Dental Hygienist, but also the prettiest!

Can you believe that this summer is almost over already? All the kids start school this next week and it blows my MIND! How quick it has gone! Crazy!

Although I was missin my family quite a bit this week, it was definitely a great week!
I got a new companion this week! Her name is Sister Lagrosa! She grew up in Virginia! She is a convert of a few years! She is seriously awesome! She is so different from Sister Ethington but it is a good change. When we dropped Sister Ethington of in Lubbock.. We both cried like little babies! hahah I am going to miss her! Hands down best trainer I could have asked for! But Sister Lagrosa is great! She is Filipino and has been out for over a year. She has had a really hard life. She has to go talk to a psychiatrist every couple of months just because of her childhood. So it is a lot different from spunky little sister Ethington. She is a lot a lot a lot more shy than me so I do 95 percent of the talking when teaching So Even In this past week I have learned soo much! But she is really kind so it is a good change! Ill send a pic next week! :)


Today for our P-Day we went fishing in one of the Members Backyards! It was seriously so fun! hahaha I was sad that It had to end so fast! :) But we caught 8 of these little baby Fishies! It was a blast! But funny story, I was fishin... its like 100 degrees outside here at 7am... so it was dang hot... but a blast. :) hahah But I am sittin there just watchin my little bobber.. and I see it go under... I JUMP UP! Start Reelin it in and it was suchhh a heavy fish! I thought I was going to have a monster! I reeled it in and lifted up and guess what it was...... A TURTLE!!! I CAUGHT A TURTLE! I felt so sad!  hahah I tried to get that hook out of him sooo quick! He lived. But I still felt realllll bad! haha

So this week was so wonderful! We have some awesome Investigators! Right now we are teaching this guy named Danny! He has just barely got divorced from his wife of 28 years! He is going to be Baptized on the 31st of August! He is awesome! He is trying to quit smoking right now. ANd he has an alcohol problem that he is wanting to work through right now! But he told us yesterday that he knows it is true!

We have also been working with this Lady named Vickie and Her Daughter named Rebecca! She is the sweetest lady ever! She takes care of one of the Ladies from our church's 101 Year old Mom! hahah So that is how we came in contact with her! She also accepted to be baptized along with her 11 year old Daughter Rebecca on the 31st! The work here in Childress is progressing! So I will keep you all in contact!

Sorry kinda a boring e-mail this week but We have to go! :)  I love you guys sooo much!! I am happy and healthy!

I miss you all!! :)

-Sister Carroll!

No comments:

Post a Comment