Tuesday, September 30, 2014

August 25, 2014- Remember Me? ;)


Family!!! What is up?!?! :)

There are some wonderful things happening here in Sweet Sweet Childress!! :)(I swear I say that every week? Sorry bout it.)

Remember Last week how I told you guys about Danny? Well guess what?! this week we went over there and taught him the word of Wisdom. He told us that he has been an Alcoholic his whole life. That is what he has done to get him away from all the bad things of life. and also how he just 'hangs out.' Well a few days ago after our lesson he stand up and says "Follow me" we go out to his truck and he handed us all of his alcohol and also all of his cigarettes. He told us to pour all of it out!! and snap his cigarettes. How awesome is that? He has now been clean of all of that stuff for 4 days now! :)  It is such a wonderful thing to see how this gospel changes people! This is how happy I was when he told us to do that....

hahaha It was awesome. He is all set for his Baptism on the 7th of September. ​:) He is getting really excited. Keep him in your prayers!

This week we were able to meet some really awesome people! on Friday we went and helped out at a food bank. We carried out peoples food to their cars.. It made me realize how much I have been given. Never in my life have I ever worried about eating. (Hence the extra few inches ive always had;) ) But coming here I have realized that I have really been blessed with so much. The people here are so humble. They all have such a happiness here. Hahahah I have never in my life seen so many Huge toothless grins. :) They need Soon to be Dentist Dr Richards and Hygienist Mrs. Richards out here!! ;) hahaha But all joking aside, Everyone here is  so willing to do whatever they can for you even if it is giving you the very last water bottle they have for the week.

I dunno what it is with me and flat tires but holy freaking crap! I swear everywhere I go there is another flat tire... But this week Our investigator Vickie had a flat tire. She didn't know how to change it or do anything. Well because We had a flat tire a few weeks ago I learned from that Elder How to change it a car flat! So Sister Carroll and Lagrossa to the Rescue!! Not only am I learning more about the gospel out here But I am learning about other things too!! Its a good thing I was always 'The Boy Carroll' hahaha
Vickie is doing awesome also! She his week I learned a lot about Charity. If we truly want to have that Christ Like Love for people we have to serve them. Not only does it make the people we serve happy, but it also brings us a lot more happiness. That being said, I have a challenge for all of you. Every single day, go out of your way to do something kind for someone else. I promise you that it will make your day better! You will begin to feel a stronger love for that person. That service is contagious.  :)

Random Side Note.. Cute Little Childress Branch is growing so much that they are going to be adding on the the teeny tiny building they have here! They are starting the construction in about October which means that we are going to start meeting in a Presbyterian church. hahah I hope I am here to see that day.


I love you all so much! I miss you guys like crazy! Have a 'Blessed week!'

-Sista Carroll.

xoxoxox
​came to church yesterday and She really enjoyed it! We found out that she has a learning disability so we have to go back and re-teach her a lot of what we have already taught her but ever since we have been meeting with her, her countenance has changed and she is becoming noticeably happier.


No comments:

Post a Comment