Tuesday, September 30, 2014

June 16, 2014 - My First Baptism

Hello Cute Family!

I sure love you guys a lot!

Dad!! Happy Fathers Day! I thought about you all day and at church everyone had their talks about Fathers and I cried like a little baby! :) I sure love my Dad!

I got my package! It was such a blessing! Thank you soooooo much you guys! I loved all the cards! hahahah and The Card you sent me dad was hilarious! I read my letters in the car while we were driving and Sister Ethington and I were laughing so hard when I opened that annoying thing. I don't know how you wrote so much in there because those annoying little guys go on forever!! Mom, The blue and black skirts.. I LOVE! They are perfect mission skirts!  you are a blessing. Thank you soooo much! and the No Bake Cookies, Sister Ethington and I ate them in about 3 hours... hahah Yummy.  I am stoked to have my camera back! :) You guys are honestly the best! I love you so much! Getting packages and letters is my favorite thing ever!

Well now a little bit about my week!!!

This week we had zone Conference! We drove 2 hours to Amarillo to go have a conference with our Mission President. He is such a hard working guy! I really like him and his wife. There were about 50 other missionaries there. The Texas Lubbock Mission has 250 missionaries all together! Its a Huge Mission! But unfortunately We are getting a new mission president in a couple of weeks! I am sure he will be great though!

There is this lady in our ward named Theresa Hendrix. She is this 97 year old grandma who is "Recliner Chair Ridden" She never moves out of her chair and so she loves it when people come see her! She is a hoot. All she does for fun is puzzles. We went and visited her this week and while we were there she had to ask us who we were like five times. Hahah It was like 5 second Tom in 50 first dates but real life... hahah 3 Second Theresa!

Yesterday Tony Was Baptized!! It was the greatest thing ever! It was seriously so rewarding! :) Hahahah He has a serious case of ADD! SO every time we would teach him he would run laps around us, sit down for two second and then get back up again and do some sort of hyper disorder thing like scream "ME WANT CHOCOLATE"... hahahah His Baptism was no different! He was running around like a maniac because he was so excited. Before he went in he kept saying "I wanna go swimming I wanna go swimming." So finally it was time for him to be Baptized and after he was baptized he did like this back flop thing back into the water and started saying... I Don't wanna get out. haha it sure ushered the spirit right out of there real quick but gosh it was so funny. hahah and then after that he came out with his button up shirt undone, no tie, and no shoes. Tony is really something else! hahah everyone was laughing so hard! hahaha quick side note... we asked this old couple to do Tony's Baptism program. we gave them all of the information and they said they would be happy do to them. So Saturday night we go to pick them up... hahaha it is Just typed up really big... not even a program. Just a sheet of paper. and The Top says "Tony Gracias Baptism." hahahah His last name is not Spanish Thank you... It is Garcia! hahah  but they told us they had taken over an hour on them so we felt bad! So while at the baptism we were timidly handing out these " Tony Thank you Baptism Programs" sooo funny.

Another cool thing yesterday, so the branch president in our branch works for the Church. He is a Rancher for the church. They have 6,000 heads of cattle and 150,000 acres of land.... Holy crap so much huh? So we went to his home yesterday to have dinner and to update their family mission plan! It was so fun to see all of their cool property. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures but we will be going back up there on Saturday for their Girls Camp to talk to the girls about missionary work and I will send pictures! It really is so pretty!

We have been teaching this guy named Ed. He is this way cool guy from Australia! He has the most tender heart I have ever met! He is a truck driver and drives all night long and sleeps all day! Well we have taught him about 3 times now! Every time we teach him he just tells us how happy he is that we hopped off of our bikes to teach him because he feels so much happier now!

Jose's Baptism is This Sunday!! We are soooo excited for him! Yesterday He brought Sister Ethingon and I roses... hahah He is such a nice guy! hahah I love all of the people here!!



But I am out of time again... weird... ;) But After this we are going to write letters so I will write more about my week! I love you all soo much! I will talk to you guys next week! and Look in the mail for some letters! I love you guys so much! There is no where else I would Rather Be!

No comments:

Post a Comment