Tuesday, September 30, 2014

June 9, 2014 Month Number One

Can you believe it? I have already been out one month! Gosh time absolutely flies! I hope that it feels the same way for you guys!

So this week has been incredible! God has blessed Sister Ethington and I so much and has prepared so many people for us to teach! Yesterday at church we had 7 investigators come to church! All 7 of them have baptism dates this month! We are so excited! Everyone in our Branch kept winkin at us and givin us thumbs ups for our whole row of Investigators we had there! 

Childress is so ready for the truth. No one knows which church to go to Because there are so many different churches here in Childress so they are so excited to learn! When we teach them about the restoration so many people say, gosh I finally have found the truth! I like to compare it to swiss cheese. hahah There are so many holes in other churches. A lot of unanswered questions. Sometimes these holes are holes that they didnt even realize were there. In The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we have all the answers. All you have to do is read and learn more and you will come to know the truth. I feel so blessed to have grown up in the only true church. I didn't realize how lucky I was. There are people who have been looking for answers all their lives that I never had. I am so blessed. Hahaha this is my last church comparison and I will tell you more about my week. hahah The church is Like a little kid having a Sea Shell. This kid loves this sea shell and cherishes this sea shell! But they don't realize that there is a whole Beach they didn't ever know existed. hahah It is great.

So we have had some pretty crazy weather! We have been on Tornado Watch all week! hahah A few nights ago our District Leader called us at 4 am to tell us to listen for Sirens because if those go off we have 10 minutes to get to Shelter... before a tornado hits. hahah Sketchy. The problem with that was we slept through his call. hahah We didn't wake up to the House shaking Thunderstorm everyone talked about the next day... We could've died. ;) Don't worry mom. I am safe. hahah

So remember last week how I told you guys about Martin? Well this week we started teaching his wife Donna too! Everytime we go teach them they get so excited to learn more! haha Even to the point where Donna Started fist pumpin... hahah She is probably 2 bucks or more... So that was pretty dang funny! They tell everyone they know about "The Sisters" They came to church on Sunday and said that they loved it and could instantly feel the spirit when they walked in! I pray that they will continue to grow and learn more! I love them!

Tony Garcia is this 9 year old boy! We have been teaching for a few weeks. His Baptism is On Sunday! Woot Woot! He is such a cute kid! I wish so bad that I had my camera so I could send pictures! So hopefully it is a simple fix!

Remember Jose? THe guy with the Cat glasses? hahahah. Well We taught him the Word of Wisdom. He has been a heavy smoker all of his life! He smokes 2 packs a Day! Well this week He told us that he knows this church is true and he is going to stop smoking!  Can you believe that? He has been smoke free for 4 days now! This gospel Changes people. I have learned that If you truly have faith in the Lord, he can help you accomplish everything! I feel so blessed to be here.

The next guy I wanna tell you about is Charles! He is this black guy mid 20s. He just lost his job and so all he does with his life is sits at the high school from 12-6 and shoots his completely White (Too Worn down) basketball around! hahah His goal is to make it to the NBA. He told us that he played in High School but sat the bench.  So every day we go teach him. He said he is a wanderer. He doesn't know what to do with his life and has been praying that he would find out some direction to go. That day we strolled up on our Bikes and started to teach him about the Gospel. How incredible is that? He came to church with a million dollar grin!

 But I am out of time. Shocker there! But I Love you all so much and I am so happy to be out here! I know I say this every week but I am sorry that I can not e-mail you all back individually! I wish That I had a little bit more time but I love hearing from you all!

I love you guys! I testify to you guys that This is the only True Church on The earth and am thrilled that I get to teach people about it and help them! I miss you all soooooo much and I think about you guys everyday!

-Sister Carroll

No comments:

Post a Comment